School: Iowa | Position: OT | Height: 6044 | Weight: 315 | Forty: 5.03 | Class: 2015
Hometown: Denison, IA | Dob: 12/26/91 | Year: Senior | Projection: 1st Round | Pro Comparison: Riley Reiff
- Dominant run blocker. His leverage, positioning and hand placement are superb.
- Aggressive and quick off the ball snap. Plays with a chip on his shoulder.
- Ox Strong! Highly effective arm punch.
- Relies primarily on power. Stayed in school to improve fundamentals and technique.
- Can get overextended at times and get beat by speedier defenders.
- Above average footwork—will need to improve in order to be considered a franchise left tackle and top 10 overall pick, which many observers anticipate.
- Four year starter—began at left guard, slid to left tackle as a sophomore. Switched from quarterback to tight end to tackle in high school.
- Hobby is hunting.
- Broken leg and dislocated ankle that cost him the final five games of the 2012 season.
“The biggest thing is, all those measurables, all those things where you’re testing, every one of those shows up when he plays. He has everything. There's not a better offensive lineman in college football." – Iowa Offensive Line Coach Brian Ferentz
"As strong as he is, the most impressive qualities when you look at him from a strength and conditioning standpoint is how athletic he is and how well he runs," Iowa Conditioning Coach Chris Doyle, who noted that Scherff's "hang clean" weights were the highest in his 16 years at Iowa.