School: Southeastern Louisiana | Position: QB | Height: 6016 | Weight: 205 | Forty: 4.70 | Class: 2015
Hometown: Granada Hills, CA | Year: Senior | Projection: 4th Round | Pro Comparison: Jake Plummer/Dan LeFevour
- Dual-threat quarterback (passed for 3,000+ yards and ran for an additional 1,000+).
- Strong arm- can zip the ball into small windows. Can reportedly throw the ball 80 yards in the air.
- Will often improvise on the fly and make throws on the move as the play develops.
- Needs to improve accuracy and timing from the pocket and learn better touch on deep balls.
- Has stated that he would like to improve his footwork, balance and overall mechanics.
- Would benefit from not relying upon using his feet to pick up yards so much, needs to develop better patience.
- Transfer from Oregon. Served as a backup to Darron Thomas and then lost the starting quarterback competition to Marcus Mariota in 2012.
- Has attended the Jeff Garcia Quarterback Camp and Manning Passing Academy (MPA) as part of his offseason training regime.
"We lined up for skinny posts. He threw the ball 84 yards. It was like seeing Michael Vick." --Washington State QB Connor Halliday who roomed with Bennett at MPA.
“It was an opportunity to get a little more variety in my game. I could work more from under center, play-action pass and (use) drop-back passing concepts. We really have everything in the playbook, and I feel it’s moved me more toward what they’re doing in the NFL now.” --Bryan Bennett on why he transferred to SELU