Height: 6034 | Weight: 235 | Forty: 4.73 | Class: 2017
Hometown: Palmyra, VA | Year: Sophomore | Dob: 2/14/95 | Projection: 1st Round | Player Comparison: Andrew Luck
- Possesses prototypical frame and pocket presence. Bulked up 15 pounds during the offseason heading into sophomore year.
- Praised for his leadership and poise under pressure. Has the upside and intangibles to develop into a great pro.
- Can throw on the run rolling out, on playaction or scrambling around the pocket.
- Cerebral. Dissects the defensive coverage pre-snap and makes adjustments accordingly. Makes the smart throw—groomed by quarterback guru Bill O’Brien. Can also make all the throws.
- Would benefit from learning to throw the ball away rather than taking the sack.
- Has worked diligently to improve his footwork, which has led to noticeably better accuracy but still room for improvement.
- Reps. Needs more experience, makes many prototypical mistakes of a young quarterback, which led to inconsistency as a freshman.
- First sophomore in school history to serve as team captain (voted on by players and coaches)
- Had one season under noted quarterback guru Bill O'Brien.
“Good quarterbacks have some things in common: They’ve got good poise, they’re smart, and they’re good team guys, buddies with everyone on the team. Christian has that. [Tom] Brady does, too.” – Former PSU Head Coach & Current Houston Texans Head Coach Bill O’Brien