School: Florida | Position: DE | Height: 6022 | Weight: 260 | Forty: 4.73 | Class: 2016
Hometown: St. Petersburg | Year: Junior | Projection: 1st Round | Pro Comparison: Dwight Freeney
- Utilizes his speed and quickness on the edge to rush the passer; has the strength and power to shed blocks and make tackles. Very stout against the run and the pass, an every down player.
- Versatile-- has played multiple roles in the Gators defense: pass-rush position, the Buck outside linebacker, as well as defensive end.
- Effort and energy are bar none. Dedication and work ethic has been praised by coaching staff.
- Needs to be more consistent week-in and week-out. Plans to improve his film study and practice habits for 2014.
- Stamina is an area of concentration that he aims to improve upon in 2014.
- Cares enough about fans and other players’ opinions enough to respond to them on Twitter and engage in verbal trash talk online.
- Came into Spring 2014 practice stronger, leaner and faster than ever thanks to quitting McDonalds.
“Dante walks up to me every single day and says ‘What can I do to get better?’ So it starts, to me, from a maturity standpoint of off-the-field understanding what it takes to be successful.” -- Florida head coach Will Muschamp
“Dante, he’s a freak now. He’s got speed to power. You don’t really know what Dante is going to do with his pass rush until he shows it at the very end.” --Florida Gators offensive tackle D.J. Humphries
"He's very quick; he's very explosive; he's very strong, he's everything you look for in a D-end." --Kentucky offensive tackle Jordan Swindle