Position: Wide Receiver | Height: 6025 | Weight: 209 | Forty: 4.56 | Class: 2015
Hometown: Louisville, KY | Year: Senior | Dob: 1/20/93 | Projection: 2nd Round | Player Comparison: Javon Walker
- Possession type of wideout that wins with prototype length and size.
- Underrated athletically; Possesses elusiveness in the open field and has some wiggle after the catch, to go along with a 36-inch vertical leap.
- Excellent footwork; Has the ability to tiptoe the sidelines, drag his foot and come down with the football inbounds.
- Understands how to identify holes in coverage with his field awareness and football intelligence.
- Real my ball mentality; Locates the football quickly, times his jump and attacks the football.
- Does not possess elite speed and is more of an X option.
- Shoulder injury vs Temple, left game and missed next week vs Rutgers but came back and finished season strong. Also missed time in Bowl game vs Miami but returned to the game.
- Limited burst off the line and lack of a third gear to run away from a defense.
- Technique is still raw with only a limited number of routes in his trick bag at this point.
- No Incidents that we are aware of. Well respected player in the locker room.
- Son of former Louisville runningback Anthony Shelmon.
- Committed student, set to graduate the summer before Sr season.
- 2013 (JR): All AAC 1st Team. 2012 (SO): All Big-East 1st Team
“I think his God-given ability makes him special to the public eye… What makes him special to me is his commitment to show up every day and grind. This kid works hard every day. He’s really committed to getting himself better. He’s constantly trying to figure out how to be an expert.” --Louisville Offensive Coordinator, Garrick McGee
"To me, he's probably the best receiver I've ever been around. He's a fast, big guy who makes all the plays you want him to make. When he's lined up against a good (defensive back) one-on-one and you throw the ball to him, you know he's going to go up and get it." --Louisville Quarterback Will Gardner