Position: Quarterback | Height: 6034 | Weight: 228 | Forty: 4.75 | Class: 2017
Hometown: Beesemer, AL | Year: Sophomore | Dob: 1/6/94 | Projection: 1st Round | Player Comparison: Robert Griffin III
- Can make all the throws; knows when to zip it through tight windows and understands when to let his receivers run underneath the ball; good timing/touch on deep balls.
- Pocket-passer who possesses athleticism and quicks to hurt you outside the pocket—ability to hit his receivers on the run and collect a first down with his feet.
- Calm, cool and confident under pressure. Has experience running a complex offense.
- Needs to shorten up elongated release.
- Needs to improve pre-snap adjustments and late-moving coverage reads.
- Must prove he can stay out of trouble off the field.
- Short, stubby fingers. Hand size will need to be checked into.
- December of 2012 incident led to sexual assault complaint, however no charges were filed.
- July of 2013 police were called to a Burger King where Winston was accused of stealing soda. In November of 2013, he was questioned after windows were broken at an apartment complex in a BB gun battle.
- In April of 2014 Winston was issued an adult civil citation for shoplifting crab legs from a Publix store in Tallahassee.
- Received numerous awards during 2013 freshman season, including the Heisman Trophy, as he led the undefeated Seminoles to the National Championship.
"I know what doesn't kill you makes you stronger actually being suspended was the best days of my life! When I get older we gone laugh at this petty stuff IM GOOD that's all that matters ignore minor comments or people that ain't livin MY life" --Jameis Winston in texts sent to his father