School: Virginia Tech | Position: CB | Height: 5106 | Weight: 195 | Forty: 4.45 | Class: 2017
Hometown: Baltimore, MD | Year: Sophomore | Dob: 2/13/95 | Projection: 1st Round | Pro Comparison: Kyle Fuller / Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
- Elite closing speed. Great anticipation. Excellent footwork, doesn't lose much speed from front pedal to back pedal.
- Has played every cornerback spot in the defense at a very high level. Has been a starter since his true freshman season.
- Hard work ethic, hustle and team first mentality has been recognized by the team. Smart football IQ. Film junkie.
- Possesses all the traits and skill-set that you look for in a lockdown cornerback.
- Can be a better wrap up tackler and finisher against the run.
- Has the strength to be even more physical. Needs to show more aggression.
- Has three older brothers, all of whom played football for Tech - Vincent, Corey and Kyle. Vincent played seven years in the NFL for the Tennessee Titans and Detroit Lions. Corey is with the Detroit Lions and Kyle was drafted in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the Chicago Bears.
- High school teammate of Stefon Diggs (Maryland) whom he faced every day in practice for three seasons.
"It's like, 'Wow.' And you understand that he has his brothers here and everything, but it's still amazing that there just wasn't a lot of mental errors. So I was like, whoa, I think he can handle it and he can handle it well." --Hokies Secondary Coach Torrian Gray On How Fast Kendall Picked Up The Defense