School: Alabama | Position: Free Safety | Height: 5116 | Weight: 215 | Forty: 4.43 | Class: 2016
Hometown: Geismar, LA | Year: Junior | Dob: 1/10/93 | Projection: 1st Round | Pro Comparison: Roy Williams
- Solid tackler, stout against the run, shows a knack for finding the football.
- Great balance. Excels in stack-and-shed against blocks. Operates like a cornerback in zone coverage. Has shown improved strength annually.
- Excellent tackling technique-- knows how to make tackles in space, often lines up close to the line of scrimmage.
- Good understanding of deciphering schemes pre-snap. Was a special teams standout prior to becoming a fulltime starter.
- Footwork has been a continual work in progress.
- Concentrated on improved eye direction during the offseason entering 2014 with an emphasis on reacting faster and being quicker to the ball.
- Lacks experience—did not become a sterter until a month into the 2013 season.
- Likes to talk some trash. Very active on social media, has been in Twitter feuds with fans/players.
- 5-star recruit coming out of high school.
- Has been a notorious LSU villain since deciding to spurn his hometown team for the Crimson Tide.
“Landon's certainly a guy that is a great competitor and really works hard every day to try to improve and has a really good attitude about it. I think he's trying to affect other people, be a leader, set a good example, encourage others to do things the way they need to do it.” --Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban