School: Wisconsin | Position: RB | Height: 6006 | Weight: 210 | Forty: 4.49 | Class: 2016
Hometown: Kenosha, WI | Year: Junior | Projection: 2nd Round | Pro Comparison: Marcus Allen / Eddie George / Darren McFadden
- Tremendous instincts hitting the hole; will keep it between the tackles and be a bruising running back who can wear down defenses or can cut it to the outside and blow past everyone on the edge with his homerun speed.
- Explosive runner with breakaway speed. Long strider with quick acceleration. Keeps his legs churning upon and after contact.
- Has bulked up due to increased weight room workouts. A well documented hard worker. Humble kid.
- Pass protection is subpar. Needs to learn how to use his body better from a protection standpoint. Has to be more physical and aggressive.
- Runs a bit upright. Long strider; could generate more power in his running form.
- Has not been utilized in the passing attack, one area of his game where he has limited experience. A liability in pass protection.
- Would be shy 10 credits from graduating if he decides to declare early for the 2015 NFL Draft.
“To this point, I couldn’t be more proud of the way he handles this team. These kids on this team look at him in a different way. Not just as a great player now, but as somebody that is very driven. Melvin is driven.” –Wisconsin HC Gary Andersen
"He likes it when people aren't talking about him. He has always been a kid who loves proving people wrong." –Mom Carmen Gordon
"I just don't want to be another guy that comes through Wisconsin. I want to be remembered like Montee (Ball), James (White) and Ron Dayne. All those other guys behind them. It's all about leaving a legacy." –Melvin Gordon