School: UCLA | Position: LB/RB | Height: 6012 | Weight: 225 | Forty: 4.49 | Class: 2017
Hometown: Bellevue, WA | Year: Sophomore | Dob: 9/3/95 | Projection: 1st Round | Pro Comparison: Patrick Willis/Brandon Bolden
"The Lawnmower Man" - Defense. Offense. Always mowing you down.
- Pure football instincts. Flies to the football, delivers punishing hits and has a propensity to create momementum changing turnovers. Plays with a violent demeanor.
- Great are of strength is disengaging quickly from blocks to make the tackle. Tips a lot of balls on pass deflections. Has been praised by coaches as tough, smart and obvious gifted athleticism.
- As a runner, he's like trying to tackle a bowling ball. Straigh-ahead bulldozing style but can take it to the outside and bust off big chunks of yards.
- Powerful stiffarm. Accumulates plenty of yards after contact often carrying defenders or breaking tackles. Speed-- ran high school track.
- Has struggled as a pass-rusher. Has shown flashes but needs more reps/experience which will equate to more finished product and better end result (sacks instead of hurries).
- Pass coverage has been an evolving work in progress but he's improved so much so fast, some would consider it a strength.
- First known football player entering his true sophomore season to obtain a loss of value policy ($5M insurance policy).
- Expected to play inside backer in new 4-2-5 defensive scheme the Bruins are implementing for 2014. Projects as 3-4 OLB at the next level.
- Jack looks up to former teammate Anthony Barr (Vikings 1st round pick), who has been a mentor from how to handle pressure, how to practice to get better each day, to off-field behavior and sticking to your goals.
“He is like nothing I have ever seen before. He is a better athlete than Patrick Willis after playing next to Pat for 3-4 years. Jack is freakishly athletic and has an enormous ceiling.” --UCLA Defensive Coordinator Jeff Ulbrich
"That's definitely my decision. I was recruited here to play linebacker and that's what I'm here to do and that's my job. The running backs, they play running back and that's their job." --Myles Jack On Why He Doesn't Want To Play RB