School: USC | Position: WR | Height: 6006 | Weight: 195 | Forty: 4.47 | Class: 2016
Hometown: Tampa, FL | Year: Junior | Projection: 1st Round | Pro Comparison: Brandon Lloyd / Emmanuel Sanders / OJ McDuffie
- Excellent route running underneath. Great at making the over the shoulder catch. Utilizes the stiff arm well in the open field.
- Speed propelled deep threat/return man. Can take a short pass and turn it into a big gain in a jiffy. Set a USC record with a 19.1 yard punt return average while returning a pair of punts for touchdowns in 2013.
- Praised for his work ethic, intensity and dedication, as well as his consistent performance. Embraces coaching. Recognized as team leader.
- Best suited for west coast style of offense. Mentored by predecessors Robert Woods and Marqise Lee.
- Inconsistent performer—hot and cold. Has had a minor case of dropsies.
- Needs to be more physical getting off against press man coverage; tends to get jammed at the line.
"Nelson is the consummate pro when you are talking about preparation, studying the game, the leader in the room," Assistant Coach Tee Martin, who also describes Agholor as a “gym rat.”
- Nigerian descent. Moved to USA at the age of five.
- Did not play wide receiver until college.
- Has an interest to coach one day.