Position: Runningback | Height: 6004 | Weight: 210 | Forty: 4.59 | Class: 2016
Hometown: Tinley Park, IL | Year: Junior | Dob: 4/16/93 | Projection: 4th/5th Round | Player Comparison: DeMarco Murray
- Bigger back that is capable of shedding tackles and is very adept at maintaining his balance off contact.
- Has the acceleration and burst to take the edge on a defense and run away from would be tacklers.
- Times his burst well and understands how to be patient but also knows when to turn it on.
- Soft hands and solid in pass protection; Has the size to stop free blitzers in their tracks.
- Has special teams experience as a kick returner.
- Not laterally elite and will not string multiple moves together on plays, more downhill.
- Gets to top speed quickly but more quick than fast and does not have a third gear.
- Still a raw player that took time to pick up Kevin Wilson’s playbook.
- Sprained ankle vs Illinois in November. Missed final 3 games.
- 2013: All-Big Ten Honorable Mention
- Emerged from a committee with a breakout sophomore season.
“What I've noticed most with Tevin Coleman is the mental aspect of his game, I think things have slowed down for him a lot since his freshman year, and really since last year.” -- IU Offensive Coordinator Kevin Johns