School: Clemson | Height: 6016 | Weight: 235 | Forty: 4.55 | Class: 2015
Hometown: Adairsville, GA | Year: Senior | Dob: 7/8/92 | Projection: 1st Round |
Player Comparison: Cameron Wake
- Explosive first step. Quick off the edge, agile and athletic.
- Utilizes his spin move well, possesses deceptively strong bull rush and works to shed blockers.
- Has flashed the ability to rush the passer as a down lineman as well as a stand up position on the outside edge—his versatility will increase his value to hybrid defense teams.
- Considered by some scouts as a tweener. Needs to add bulk; most likely expected to play 3-4 linebacker.
- Viewed as one trick pony if he doesn’t improve against the run. Will need to learn how to drop into pass coverage
- Received a 2nd round grade from the NFL Advisory Board after his junior season.
- Converted from tight end to defensive end early in Clemson career.
- Was timed at 4.47 in the forty-yard dash in high school (at 215 pounds).
"Man, he is a great young man. It's been a lot of fun seeing him grow and mature and develop into the type of player we knew he could be. It's a credit to the process you go through here." Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney